Before leaving Korea, we received a beautiful gift from our Korean friends. They gave us a small statue of the Virgin Mary wearing hanbok, a traditional Korean dress; furthermore, her hairstyle is typically Korean.
We placed the statuette on a piece of furniture in our house in Enna. In the same room, there is a picture of Mary of the Visitation, the protector of my hometown of Enna (Sicily).
The picture of the Sicilian Madonna is quite different from the Korean statuette. The former wears a crown, a cloak and a robe covered with gold, furthermore it has western features; the latter wears a very simple traditional dress and shows oriental features.
What is the real face of the Virgin Mary? Eastern, Western, white or black? We do not know.
Probably, when we are in another dimension, we will be able to see the true face of Our Lady!
Ettore Grillo, author of these books:
– November 2: The Day of the Dead in Sicily (English edition)
– A Hidden Sicilian History (English edition)
– The Vibrations of Words (English edition)
– Travels of the Mind (English edition)
– Una Storia Siciliana Nascosta (edizione in lingua italiana)
– Viaggi della Mente (edizione in lingua italiana)