Music is born with man. It is a universal language, for everybody can feel and enjoy it, regardless of the country in which one lives.
All countries have their traditional musical instruments. In Greek mythology the lyre was played by Apollo, who drove his chariot playing the lyre. However, the most ancient musical instrument is human voice, for music is the language of the soul.
A few days ago, we went to an exhibition of traditional Korean art. We saw two string instruments: one, called gayaguem has twelve strings, the other, called geomungo has six strings. I think it is difficult to play them.
They also exhibited Hanbok, traditional Korean clothing to be worn on formal and semi-formal occasions.
Clothing is also an art and expression of one’s personality!
Ettore Grillo, author of these books:
– November 2: The Day of the Dead in Sicily (English version)
– A Hidden Sicilian History (English version)
– The Vibrations of Words (English version)
– Travels of the Mind (English version)
– Una Storia Siciliana Nascosta (versione in lingua italiana)
– Viaggi della Mente (versione in lingua italiana)