Samunjin Naruteo is the place where two rivers, the Nakdonggang and Geumhogang, and two streams meet. It is located on the outskirts of the city of Daegu, Korea.
Samunjin Naruteo is also well known for being the dock where two American Christian missionaries, husband and wife, brought the first piano, in 1900. Actually, the Christian religion was already widespread in Korea when the two Americans came. We can say, without fear of denial, that Korea is the only country in the world where Christianity was not introduced by missionaries. It sprang up naturally!
The wooden walkway on the river is about one kilometer long. We walked it up to the end. I had a feeling that the melodious sound of the first Korean piano was still echoing in the air. The atmosphere had something magic.
We can admire many beautiful sunsets in the world, but that in Samunjin Naruteo is unique!
Ettore Grillo author of these books:
– November 2: The Day of the Dead in Sicily (English version)
– A Hidden Sicilian History (English version)
– The Vibrations of Words (English version)
– Travels of the Mind (English version)
– Una Storia Siciliana Nascosta (versione in lingua italiana)
– Viaggi della Mente (versione in lingua italiana)